1. a primary function of the basal ganglia is
2. The most common pin used in restorative procedures is a(an) _____.
3. Beta blocker with additional alpha blocking activity:
4. On streching the cheek the lesion disappears in
5. Thumb is related to which dermatome:
6. Primordial germ cell is derived from:
7. In which of the following scenarios would you consider using solvent softened custom cones
8. Nerve supply of buccinator muscle?
9. In case of hill journey, antimotion sickness drugs are best administered at
10. Adolescent age group is defined as:
11. Segmentation of blood in blood vessel after death is called as
12. Animal test used to check biocompatibility of dental material is all except
13. A 9 year old child with developing facial asymmetry and maxillary constriction and unilateral posterior cross bite comes to you for treatment. What will you do?
14. Pterygoid trismus is caused due to which nerve block:
15. Telomerase is
16. Which of the following is a commonly used laboratory disinfectant:
17. The eruption of teeth in active and passive phases was defined by
18. A steep mandibular plane angle correlates with a:
19. Carry over effect is seen in
20. Muscle spindle detects
21. Fastest conduction is for
22. While treating increased anterior overbite while keeping mandibular plane angle same, increase in molar height is compensated by:
23. One of the anatomical structure of value in preventing displacement of simple mandibular fracture is
24. Finish line of choice for acrylic jacket crown:
25. cavosurface margin angulation in chamfer finish line is
26. Least amount of mercury is required in
27. Which of the following primary teeth differ most from the permanent teeth that replace them
28. Consort statement is applicable for
29. Gas used for Conscious sedation:
30. Aspirin reduces fever and cause anticoagulation by inhibiting which of the following pathways?
31. Sensory nerve supply of the TMJ?
32. Steroids or not indicated in the treatment of
33. Digoxin is contraindicated in
34. Visual processing center is located in
35. When a pit and fissure sealant is placed over early but noncavitated caries
36. Alveolar bone grafting in a cleft palate patient is done:
37. The most significant factor in determining the prognosis of anterior crossbite correction is the
38. Sodium iodine symporter is not present in
39. Filgrastim is
40. Which of the following is not inserted in retromolar pad:
41. Which of the following structures converge to form the pterygomandibular raphe?
42. Aflatoxins are produced by
43. Hay fever and allergies to certain foods are examples of:
44. Farmer’s Lung is caused due to exposure to
45. Incidence rates can be calculated by
46. Canine fossa of maxilla gives origin to
47. Phoenix abscess is:
48. A Inlay is:
49. Principle disadvantage of minocycline in triple antibiotic paste:
50. Weakness in posterior pharyngeal wall leading to formation of Pharyngeal pouch is also called as:
51. at the atomic level x ray photons lose their energy through
52. Dental amalgam, when used in the restoration of a cusp should be
53. What is the most reliable indicator with respect to the timing of treatment for growth modification?
54. In the double cone pattern of proximal caries extending through enamel and dentin, the apices of the two cones
55. What of the following is the best method to measure the degree to which two variables move together in a distribution
56. Which of the following is true about calcification of teeth
57. Antidote for nicotine poisoning is
58. Which of the following structures pass through the parotid gland
59. Right coronary artery arises from which sinus:
60. The commonly available most potent topical anaesthetic
61. Following modification occurs in Gs subunit which leads to watery diarrhoea in cholera
62. Which of the following are involved in the path for parasympathetic innervation of the parotid gland
63. Which of the following is not used for thromboprophylaxis
64. Which of the following is not a point angle of a MO Class II cavity?
65. The virus associated with nasopharyngeal carcinoma is
66. A patient experiences episodic abdominal pain, especially after the ingestion of a fatty meal. The action of which of the following hormones is most likely to be responsible for the postprandial intensification of the symptoms?
67. Still’s disease is a juvenile form of
68. Leukotriene antagonists are used in bronchial asthma
69. In acute Hepatitis B infection all are seen except:
70. The long axis of mandilbular condyle is directed
71. All of the following structures pierce the buccinator muscle Except:
72. Couple in orthodontics means:
73. Physical examination of a woman with advanced, metastatic lung cancer demonstrates hyperpigmentation of skin, even in areas protected from the sun. ACTH levels are found to be elevated. Tumor inducement of which endocrine organ is most likely?
74. A 3 year old child suffered traumatic lateral luxation injury to his upper central incisor. The tooth is not mobile and does not interfere in occlusion. What should be done
75. Fluorides are effective in the prevention of dental caries by
76. Pitch refers to:
77. Slow wave sleep is associated with
78. An abscess is:
79. The vaccine currently used against hepatitis B infection is
80. Which antisialogogue is contraindicated in glaucoma
81. a sprue in a wax pattern should be placed
82. Most frequently damaged cranial nerve with a motor component:
83. The primary metabolic effect of the principal hormone secreted by the alpha cells of the pancreas is
84. When instrumenting and subsequently obturating a root canal, the length should be determined by the:
85. The level of implant platform placement is:
86. Blood transfusion reaction occurs due to:
87. only maxillary tuberosity remaining after maxillectomy then what type of attachment should be used along with implant
88. Skin fold measurement test is done for
89. A child suffers from trauma which causes lateral luxation of the primary central incisor. The incisor is not in occlusion and does not cause interference. What should be done
90. Irradiation can be used to sterilize A/E –
91. Most of the fractured mandibular condyle dislocations takes place in:
92. Local anesthetic agent used in a patient with a history of allergy to LA agents is
93. Maturation of spermatozoa takes place in
94. If a carious lesion approaches pulp, the pain is referred to the adjacent teeth. The nerve fibres responsible for this are the:
95. Adjuvant used in DPT vaccine is
96. BEST method of intubation in patient undergoing Rx for oral surgery
97. Simplifying the fracture is done in
98. The technique of prophylactic odontotomy was introduced by
99. Which is the most potent topical anesthetic:
100. Which of these is most promising soft tissue investigation:
101. Most common route for metastasis of oral cancer is by
102. A polyp may arise in connection with
103. Presence of verrucay bodies and having predilection for occurrence in the tongue are seen in
104. Which of the following passes through the foramen magnum
105. Highly radiosensitive cells are
106. Most common Non rigid type of connector in FPD:
107. In which of the following disease, the overall survival is increased by screening procedure
108. Postural hypotension is the adverse effect associated with
109. The first number on those instruments having three-number formula, indicates the
110. characteristic ‘tram line’ calcifications in the skull radiographs is observed in
111. Recall bias is most commonly associated with which study design
112. How much fluids are given to a patient postoperatively in 24 hours:
113. Calcium channel blocker preferred in hypertensive emergency is
114. Which of the following statements about Troponin C is true? Troponin C
115. Which of the following uses alogarithm
116. Lateral atlanto-axial joint belongs to the variety of
117. Melanocytes are derived from which of the following?
118. a developer at high temperature will cause
119. When the lingual artery is injured during implant placement in the lower anterior area, immediate management includes:
120. During radiographic imaging, predominant X-rays are produced by:
121. Which of the following is a resorbable Bio- ceramic?
122. Nucleosomes are
123. Speech problems in cleft palate patients are due to
124. Brush heap structure is seen in:
125. In a study, significant relation is found between obesity and caries. However, the data for the study was collected only from food manufacturers and hospitals. This type of study design is called
126. Which of the following cranial structures are insensitive to pain
127. White line in Winter’s WAR lines represents:
128. Trap door technique is used for harvesting what type of graft
129. Absolute refractory period of a neuron is:
130. Best view for Zygomatic arch fractures:
131. Patient pays a stipulated amount of money towards the treatment is termed
132. Which of the following space maintainers is/are most appropriate for a patient with the bilateral loss of mandibular first primary molars prior to the eruption of the permanent molars and permanent incisors?
133. Which of these describes permanent dilatation and distortion of bronchioles
134. A patient presents to the emergency department with history of persistant fever and cough. Radiological features are suggestive of pneumonia. Sputum examination cultures reveal aerobic branching grain positive filaments that are partially acid fast. Which of the following is the most likely etiological agent.
135. In HIV infection, which of the following is seen?
136. Maintainance recall procedures include all of the following except
137. Which structure supplies multiple intersegmental regions in lungs:
138. Major site of growth of the mandible:
139. Number of fontanelle present at birth
140. Fastest X-ray film
141. Emergency measure to be taken with caustic ingestion
142. The risk of placing a dental implant in HIV positive patient is from
143. Treatment of primary herpectic gingivostomatitis should include
144. Which of the following is not a cardioselective beta blocker
145. Which is not anterior triangle of neck
146. Hemorrhage of dental origin are best controlled by:
147. The common complication of the local anesthetic prilocaine is
148. A middle-aged patient develops acromegaly. Which of the following pair of hormones normally regulates the hormone responsible for the symptoms seen with this disease?
149. The advantages of a screw- retained prosthesis over cemented one include all of the following except:
150. Prior to the correction of a one tooth anterior crossbite, the principle factor to consider is the
151. On complete hydrolysis of DNA we will get all of the following except
152. The nerve supply of stapedius muscle is:
153. All of the following amino acids are component of collagen except
154. At age 9, a pt needs his tooth #30 extracted due to caries. What is the proper space maintenance treatment?
155. Most common cause of pleural effusion in AIDS patients
156. Smoking causes maximum damage to cilia in respiratory epithelium due to
157. In a fixed bridge, the most favorable ratio for an abutment tooth is when the root
158. All are true about Dengue haemorrhagic fever except
159. Baby can breathe even while suckling because of:
160. The gingival zenith of the upper lateral incisor is located:
161. The carious lesion always appears smaller on the radiograph than it actually is. Likewise, microscopic observation of ground sections of teeth reveal that the progress of the lesion through the enamel and dentin is more extensive than it is evident on the radiograph.
162. Incorrect about restrictive cardiomyopathy
163. All of the following structures pass through the esophageal hiatus of the diaphragm, except
164. Floating teeth’ are seen in which of the following conditions?
165. Which of the following can differentiate between cardiac tamponade and tension pneumothorax
166. The pharyngeal plexus is comprised of which of the following combination of nerves?
167. What will happen if MTA is mixed for more than 4 minutes:
168. Overhangs on restorations initiate chronic inflammatory periodontal disease by
169. Rake angle is:
170. Organism involved in cellulitis is
171. in a totally edentulous patient with maxillectomy defect the facial artery myomucosal flap(FAMM), is indicated in
172. A 3 year old requires the extraction of a deciduous maxillary second molar. The local anesthetic technique of choice is
173. Continuous heavy orthodontic forces cause:
174. Cervical burnout is phenomenon seen in
175. Which of the following gingival margins is occasionally indicated on tilted teeth
176. Sputum can be disinfected by all except:
177. Most important plasma buffer:
178. In metal ceramic restoration, the ceramic is bonded to metal
179. During an inferior alveolar nerve block injection, the needle passes through the mucous membrane and the buccinator muscle and lies lateral to the:
180. Reinforcing crystals in ln-Ceram are made up of
181. All of the following statements about Diploic veins are true Except:
182. According to Simon classification, movement of teeth towards Frankfort plane is called:
183. Stiffness is:
184. Finish Line prepared in full veneer crown is
185. In orthodontic stainless steel wire which of the following is used to reduce hardness?
186. Anti-coagulant of choice for heparin induced thrombocytopenia is
187. hammock ligament is present
188. Which of the following should be performed to ensure a well-adapted and functional stainless steel crown?
189. A 21-year-old woman went to her dentist because of facial asymmetry. This asymmetry had developed gradually over 3 years. The patient had no symptoms. A diffusely opaque lesion was found in her right maxilla. All laboratory tests (complete blood count, alkaline phosphatase, calcium) were within normal limits. A biopsy specimen was interpreted as a fibro-osseous lesion. This patient most likely has ______.
190. At a six month recall visit, which of the following indicates that gingivitis has progressed to periodontitis?
191. The recommended margin for laminate veneers is:
192. Problem of recall bias is seen in:
193. Palladium and platinum are added to base metal alloys to:
194. Interceptive orthodontic treatment using appliances to treat the effects of oral habits should
195. Patients with down`s syndrome normally have
196. When replacing the four maxillary incisors with FPO, the abutment usually used are
197. Best site of implant placement in edentulous?
198. Matrix vesicles
199. Most effective management in medically intractable seizures
200. One of the important signs for diffrential diagnosis of creidocranial dysostosis and craniofacial dysostosis is the presence or absence of a pair of bones. The bones refereed to are the
201. In treating mentally, retarded children, one generally finds that they
202. Fracture caused during detachment of crown cemented with polyacrylic cements occurs in
203. low CSF protein may be seen in all of the following conditions except
204. Enzymes that move a molecular group from one molecule to another are known as
205. A nephrocalcinosis treated patient and on omeprazole for last 3 weeks, has midline crossing lesion in the lower jaw, radiolucent, hazy trabeculae,giant cells , expanding cortical plates .Diagnosis is
206. A mother donated a kidney to her daughter, what type of graft is it
207. How much overjet can be successfully managed using dentofacial orthopedics:
208. Structural durability is a?
209. Which of the following causes of orofacial pain is not associated with vascular origin
210. The path of insertion for an anterior 3/4 crown should:
211. Quality of bone classification was given by
212. Tirofiban is a
213. All of the following are types of tooth movement EXCEPT one. Which one is the EXCEPTION?
214. What are the components of a developing solution?
215. Anaerobic bacteria obtain their energy requirements from which of the following reactions?
216. How much is the connective tissue width around an implant
217. A nystatin rinse is effective in ocntrolling which of the following oral infections?
218. Increased BP and falling pulse rate depicts:
219. Cariogram is given by
220. release of synaptic vesicles from the presynaptic terminals is inhibited by
221. Residence of three village with three different types of water supply were asked to participate in a study to identify cholera carrier. Because several cholera deaths had occurred in the recent past, virtually everyone present at the time submitted to examination. The proportion of residents in each village who were carriers was computed and compared. This study is a:
222. Normal role of Micro RNA is
223. The crista galli is a superior extension of which of the following bones?
224. Reproximation procedure in orthodontics denotes:
225. Which one of the following is a junction of frontal, parietal, temporal and greater wing of sphenoid bone
226. Cyclosposine inhibits
227. Atypical dentin is formed due to defect in
228. Pupils in syncope appear:
229. DEPTH AT which impacted tooth is located is measured by
230. In Winters classification, Red line indicates:
231. according to recent research, following is true about of pattern of enamel prism demineraliation
232. A 10 year old child with no previous caries experience has proximal carious lesions in the enamel only of several primary molars. How should the lesions be managed?
233. radiographically level of normal alveolar crest is related to
234. Neurons in sympathetic ganglia are
235. The recommended time Interval between the radiation and surgery to avoid osteoradionecrosis is
236. Hay fever and allergies to certain foods are examples of:
237. Chromosomal damage maximum during radiotherapy when there is damage to
238. Ionotropic effect of thyroid hormone is by
239. Which lymph nodes directly receive lymph from the anterior two-thirds of the tongue (except the tip)?
240. Pseudohyphae is characteristic of